COOKIES POLICY – COOKIES IN USE ON THIS SITE
COOKIES AND HOW THEY BENEFIT YOU
Cookies are small text files that contain letters and numbers which are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide web services and functionalities for the users and contain information that is stored on the browser of your computer or mobile devices hard drive.
Cookies can be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie will be stored by the browser until deleted or until it reaches its expiry date. A session cookie is deleted from your computer when you close the browser window.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalize our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Cookies do not collect information that identifies you personally, but information such as your Internet protocol address (IP address), the time zone settings, operating system and platform, your country, length of visit on certain pages, the URL you came from, download errors, page interaction information and the methods used to browse away from the page.
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
MORE ABOUT OUR COOKIES
WEBSITE FUNCTION COOKIES
OUR OWN COOKIES
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Tailoring content to your needs
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to use our app or take our survey)
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
SOCIAL WEBSITE COOKIES
So you can easily “like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
ANONYMOUS VISITOR STATISTICS COOKIES
TURNING COOKIES OFF
Nevertheless, most browsers allow control of the cookies through the browser settings. You may block our cookies by activating these settings that will allow you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
More links for a better settings overview:
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Cookie settings in Firefox
Cookie settings in Chrome
Cookie settings in Safari
For more third-party cookies settings please visit:
MORE USEFUL LINKS
Last Update: 01 February 2016